The Ontario HIV and Substance Use Training Program provides training to substance use, mental health and allied service providers in Ontario in order to increase knowledge of HIV/AIDS and to promote skills development.
OHSUTP is a service of Fife House and is funded by the AIDS Bureau, Ministry of Health and Long-term Care. A provincial Advisory Committee consisting of representatives from substance use and AIDS service organizations provides input into programming issues.
The update on methods of transmission improved my knowledge. The discussions that emerged about stigma related to HIV and substance use highlighted the common experience of service users and service providers. I really appreciated the fact that our agency came together around “one topic” – but was able to relate it to various and diverse aspects of our work.
Latest Knowledge & Resources
- May 16, 2016 Reaction positive as Health Canada proposes allowing doctors to prescribe heroin
- May 13, 2016 Managed alcohol program gives homeless addicts wine as part of treatment: study
- April 26, 2016 Thunder Bay plans services for pregnant women, new moms with addictions
- April 25, 2016 Challenges in achieving a longer life
- April 22, 2016 Plenary Statement for the Honourable Jane Philpott Minister of Health - UNGASS on the World Drug Pro
Receive regular news and updates from OHSUTP!